Monday, December 3, 2012

The Daily Warm-Up







Today's Sketch



Warm-up face drawing, inspired by Michael Buffington [drawaholic.blogspot.com], my character drawing professor from AAU.  I try and time myself with these to see how far I can get in 1 hour (+ or -).  It's an exercise on speed and accuracy on anatomy and form.  I'm doing them with colored pencils but I think I'm going to switch over to graphite seeing as how the wax just wares out too fast.  I could do charcoal but it's way too messy and I don't want to get it all over the carpet. D:  Well, I have a whole box full of colored pencils, I suppose I'll switch out when they're all just stubs... but I digress.  My goal is to reach 1,000 head drawings in hopes of improving.  :D  (This is going to be one really long thread.)


Here are a few others I've done before this one.






 





     




No comments:

Post a Comment